Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Voila Vellum!

(Close up of vellum jack-o-lantern)
Yes, I'm still decorating for fall. I love to decorate for the season, and although I decorate more "fallish" than "Halloweenish", I do like this idea.
Vellum paper ALWAYS seems to make things look a little nicer, whether it's invitations, or even candle holders! This year, I took some vellum paper and cut the paper to the size of the glass. I cut out a Jack-o-lantern face, and then used double stick tape to attach, and wrapped it around the glass container of the Drake Lantern.
I added some fall picks, and it really gives this piece a fun look! It looks cute with a tealight burning through, or you could add Mums, or other fall flowers, or the ever useful....candy corns!
Another idea that I have used before is to print out words on the vellum and attach. I've written "BOO!" in a spooky font, and in my master bedroom, I have our "B" initial for everyday use.
Please let me know if you think of anything else I can copy!! ;)

No comments: