Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

There is just something about the 4th of July that makes me so excited! I'm not sure if it's the thrill of seeing how many different things I can do with the colors red, white, and blue, or maybe it's the thought of BBQing with friends, the smell of burgers on the grill, sticky watermelon faces, or my hubby buying hundreds of dollars of fireworks, and praying he doesn't set himself, the kids, or anything else on fire. :) Whatever the reason may be...I love celebrating the 4th of July!

Most of the decorations for this holiday are outside, and for the most part...SIMPLE!

These pictures were from a 4th of July table at our Southern Living at HOME convention a few years ago. They simply used different fabrics for the tablecloths, and then used 3 Cinnibar Vases, and tiered the flowers with blue agapanthas, red roses, and white posies. Add some flags, and it's a perfect centerpiece!


Want to designate an area for drinks or food? Use your drink buckets as stands, and insert a PVC pipe, tie ballons together and it makes a cute canopy!
And don't forget...food is always a great decoration!

I loved this simple idea from www.marthastewart.com. Fill different containers with sand, and add fun pom-poms attached to skewers for a fun sparkler effect!


Also using layered colored sand makes a fun statement, and if you are not a perfectionist...a great thing for kids to help with!
Happy Birthday AMERICA!!
GOD BLESS YOU!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you going to keep this blog up and running? Just wondering if you want me to remove it from my list? Lots of SLAH stuff. I love it and think you should still do it. You are a brainiac with decorating, just not sure if you have the desire right now. Thoughts?